What do you know, here I am again. We spent the past week in Nashville and just had a ball. Ron's was writing and I was working from the Nashville office. Nashville office? Yeah, I'm just kidding, I was just working from a futon in our Nashville Air BnB house. God bless the internets and how mobile this life is. The really nice thing about being there the entire week is that we were able to eat our faces off at all sorts of restaurants we've never had time to try before. Plus, we had been in Brooklyn for, what? 4 week straight? I mean, let's be honest, we were due for a trip.
As Ron so eloquently put the other day, the way for us to test if we'll love a place is to "drink their coffee and do their yoga." He left off "eat their tacos" but we'll forgive him. When did he become such a hipster? gross.
Here's what we really dug:
- Barista Parlor. The most instagrammed shop of all. Super awesome space and delicious coffee, so it's understandable.
- Sky Blue Cafe. Popped in for a quick to-go coffee and couldn't help but notice how amazing the food looked. After that quick stop in, we visited the place two mornings in a row for breakfast. Favorite place to start the day. I had a breakfast sandwich w/ vegetarian sausage that was insane.
- The Post East. Coffee, cold-pressed juice, and smoothies. They are doing all of it just right. I'm not a pastry girl, but they looked nice if you're into that sort of thing.
- Bongo Java (East). Again, another great spot. Who knew Nashville was on the right coffee train?
- Kali Yuga Yoga. Went for a 75 min Vinyasa. Not the most intense class, but really well rounded.
- Hot Yoga East Nashville. This was hands down my favorite spot. The people were super friendly and the class was just to my taste (although no handstands were involved).
Food - think without boring you with details, I'll just list all of the places we fell in love with. Highly rec any of these!
- Lockeland Table, Holland House, Mas Tacos, Two Ten Jack, Chauhan Ale & Masala House, The Flip Side, The Farm House, Five Points Pizza
I think we'll be spending some more time there in the future. Can't help but love a city that's married to music & having an affair with food.
Now, to really throw you off - these pics aren't of Nashville at all! They're right after a storm at my parent's house in Georgia... but too cool not to share. Happy Almost Thanksgiving!