Morning! Hope you had lots of turkey or tofurkey and whatever sides you love the most! To me, the sides are probably the best part, but I am pretty damn proud of the bird that I cook. If you want to look over that, go visit this little post from last year where I talk turkey (fo real).
We don't really participate in black Friday at this house, but we DO participate in finding the perfect Christmas tree, so that's how we spent our post-thanksgiving Friday. However, today is Shop Local/Shop Small Saturday and I'm more than happy to comply with that made up holiday. Shopping local has become very trendy and I am thrilled for it. New York made me into a minimalist, so basically every purchase I make now is something I truly want and care about. Really doesn't get any better than locally made goods. Luckily Nashville has some amazing artisans and I just fell right in love with them! Here are my favorites if you're on the hunt for some gifts for yourself or your most-loved!
- Warfield. Perfect, minimalistic leather goods
- Jamie and the Jones. If you love me you'll buy me the T sweater
- Elizabeth Suzann. One day the Suzi boot will be MINE.
- Consider the Wldflwrs. So minimalistic they don't even need vowels. Love this shit.
- Hey Rooster General Store. This place curates their store to sell lovely goods from small producers. Plus they do a Flower CSA!
- East Nashville Spice Company. This is the second mention of it on my blog for good reason. It goes on everything. Seriously - my popcorn was transformed the other night.
- Pumpkins and Poppies. Making all of your monogrammed dreams come true.
- Little Seed Farm. If you go anywhere with local goods in Nashville, you'll run into these products. Delicious smelling, amazing feeling soaps and skincare items.
- Old Made Good. Freaking love this place. They sell rad vintage clothes and locally made jewelry and decor (like this awesome cross stitch by Cute Fluffin Stitch)
I could do like 10 of these sorts of blogs. So many crafty people reside in this town!
Happy Saturday! I'm about to transform this house into a freaking winter wonderland. What time is appropriate to start drinking eggnog? I mean, it's mostly milk.