"To see the sun sink down, drowned on his pink and purple and golden floods, and overwhelm Florence with tides of color that make all the sharp lines dim and faint and turn the solid city to a city of dreams, is a sight to stir the coldest nature." - Mark Twain
HOTEL: Hotel Spadai
- San Croce for a chill little neighborhood
- La Bussola for ridiculous pizza and a little date night spot
- The David because OH MY GOD, THE DAVID
- Ristorante del Fagioli for the best Florentine steak (and possibly meal) of your life
- Orto Botanico di Firenze for one of the first botanical gardens ever! Magical, best smelling roses
- Uffitzi for when you want more marble sculptures in your life
- Mercato Centrale for local eats!
- CHEAP VINO DELLA CASA because this is the area where it starts to get serious.
Least Favorite Things:
- the crowds! but, hey, it's a popular place for a reason
For all Florence photos, including any dog I could find, click here!